Navigation address to conference center:
Arrive by car:
The venue has parking spaces available in front of the conference center (parking fees may apply).
Google Maps Route Link: click here
The conference center Schwabenlandhalle is very well connected to the public transportation network, having the bus and U train station “Schwabenlandhalle” right in front. The bus and U train station “Fellbach Lutherkirche” is also within short walking distance to the center.
A connection to Stuttgart Airport (STR) and Stuttgart Hauptbahnhof (Main Station) is also possible through the U and S train network. To get real-time information of connections and trips, check the page vvs.de or download the Mobility Stuttgart App from the App Store or Google Play Store.
Some interesting connections to the station Schwabenlandhalle:
- From Stuttgart Airport:
- U6 direction Gerlingen, at station Charlottenplatz change to U1 direction Fellbach.
- S2 direction Schorndorf or S3 direction Backnang, at stations Bad Cannstatt or Nürnberger Straße change to U1 direction Fellbach.
- From Main Station:
- As the outdoor of the main station is currently a construction site due to the Stuttgart21 project, the fastest way from the long-distance train tracks to the conference center is by walking to the nearby station Staatsgalerie (~7 min walk). For this, follow the signs towards the station Staatsgalerie and the “Planetarium”. The station is located right next to the Planetarium. There you can directly take the U1 direction Fellbach.
- Preferable route for bad weather, additional change of trains: Follow the signs towards station Hauptbahnhof Arnulf-Klett-Platz (~5 min walk) and take one of these underground lines (U5 Leinfelden, U6 Flughafen, U7 Ostfildern, U12 Dürrlewang, U15 Stammheim). At station Charlottenplatz change to U1 direction Fellbach.
- Another option, additional change of trains: go to station Hauptbahnhof (tief) (~ 5 min walk), S2 direction Schorndorf or S3 direction Backnang, at stations Bad Cannstatt or Nürnberger Straße change to U1 direction Fellbach.
Ticket: We highly recommend each conference attendee to purchase a 9-Euro-ticket. The 9-Euro-ticket is a special offer for local public transport in Germany. The ticket is valid for an unlimited number of bus and second-class train (U, S, RB, MEX, RE, IRE) journeys on local public transport throughout Germany within one calendar month. This means a single July ticket can be used for the entire duration of the conference to commute from your accomodation to the conference center or to the excursions, but also when arriving from the airport or the main station. Find out more about the ticket and its coverage in the FAQ and a link to purchase your own digital ticket at the webpage of the Deutsche Bahn or within the Mobility Stuttgart App (see above). You can get the 9-Euro-ticket also at any ticket vending machine, e.g. at the airport or the main station.
You can also take a taxi or an Uber. A ride starting from the Airport to the conference center will cost around 50-60€, starting from Hauptbahnhof around 25-35€.